Kathleen Quinn's hands were covered in second and third-degree burns after she made homemade slime at her house in Rockland, Massachusetts.
As CBS2's Valerie Castro reported, Siobhan Quinn is warning everyone to watch out after what happened to her 11-year-old daughter, Kathleen.
"She was like crying in pain, 'My hands hurt, my hands hurt, ' " Siobhan Quinn, Kathleen's mother, told CBS.
"The doctor's said that her hands reacted to the chemicals in the slime after prolonged exposure".
"From constantly handling it, it just, I think, did a number on her skin". Kathleen is expected to make a full recovery.
U.S. women's hockey team pushes for deal on pay equity
Veteran U.S. players such as Meghan Duggan, Hilary Knight and Amanda Kessel announced the planned boycott earlier this month. Both sides emerged from the 10-plus hours of talks characterizing the meeting as "productive" and "positive".
Kathleen missed a week of school and has to sleep with her hands in splints.
A little girl from MA got burned while making a popular kids' project.
When you set out of make slime, it's important to dilute Borax with water before you start playing around with it, so it's likely that Kathleen didn't dilute the Borax properly or that had a specific allergy to the substance.
It is also one of the main ingredients in multiple recipes for homemade slime or "gak" found online.
"I feel like the worst mother", she said.
Hong Kong set to get new leader as anointed by Beijing
After the appointment by the central government, she will take oath of office on July 1 and become the fifth-term chief executive. It would have allowed the public to vote for the city's leader in 2017, but would have insisted candidates were vetted first.
The most common recipe for slime involves just three ingredients: Elmer's Glue, the household cleaner Borax, and water.
The concerned mother is not the first to speak out about the dangers of making homemade slime.
Borax, also known as sodium tetraborate, is a short-term irritant when exposed to skin or eyes.
"Just because you have it around, just because it seems to be perfectly safe for those types of applications doesn't mean it should be used in anything else, particularly household slime", Dickerson told WCVB last week. Doctors, however, have warned parents that Borax can be toxic if it's not safely diluted, which may have been the case with Quinn.
"We decided to make this recipe because slime is such a huge trend right now, " Buzzfeed senior producer Erin Phraner said on TODAY.
Davon House returning to Packers after Jaguars release
There are also second-year guards Kyle Murphy and Lucas Patrick, but either would represent a significant drop-off as a starter. But House lost his starting job last season after the first four weeks and spent the rest of the season on special teams.