- A 13-year-old boy was found dead and about a dozen more were hospitalized in Western Michigan due to carbon monoxide poisoning at a hotel.
One child died on arrival at Lakeland Hospital in Niles, a hospital spokesman said.
One Niles police officer, two Berrien County Sheriff's deputies, as well as two hotel employees were also taken to the hospital.
WNDU-TV and WSBT-TV report officials at Lakeland Hospital in Niles confirmed the child's death Saturday.
The fight over sanctuary cities in the U.S.
City officials believe there could be more than $10 million at stake that Seattle could lose if the feds pull its assistance. The "incessant sabre rattling", added Holmes, is creating problems for law enforcement locally.
Officials identified the child who died as the result of a carbon monoxide leak at Quality Inn in Niles as 13-year-old Bryan Douglas Watts.
The kids range in age from 10 to 14.
"No one really knows the last time someone actually saw them actively moving around in the pool", Don Wise, of the Niles Fire Department, said.
When crews arrived on the scene to rescue the children, they did not have on breathing equipment, thus exposing them to the carbon monoxide, ABC 57 reports.
North Carolina Senate passes repeal of transgender bathroom law
In April, Springsteen and the band canceled their show in Greensboro because of HB2, which Van Zandt described as an "evil virus". It now moves on to the Senate floor, where it must survive two additional votes before moving to the House for a final vote.
The pool deck of a Quality Inn in Niles, Mich., where a Carbon Monoxide leak has killed at least one person and injured another 12 people.
Levels of 800 parts per million can cause someone to fall unconscious after about an hour, but someone may fall unconscious much quicker at higher levels. No other details about the child were released. The maximum allowable by OSHA standards is 50 parts per million.
Two hotel workers were among those hospitalized, along with several law enforcement officers who responded to the incident.
Carbon monoxide, sometimes referred to as "the silent killer", is an odourless, colourless and tasteless gas produced when a fuel is burned.
Perez asks for Democratic Party staff resignations
A request for the resignation letters to be dated April 15 came shortly after Tom Perez was elected as the party's chair. The party will now search to fill key posts supervised by around 30 members of the transition advisory committee .
The hotel will remain closed for a few days while crews work to fix the pool heater.